Donate to HMC with bitcoin!
Please fill out the form below and you will be taken to the Bitcoin donation page and follow the instructions. In order for an electronic tax receipt to be issued, you must fill in your e-mail and address information in full.
Why Mental Health Research and Education Matter
- Mental Health Issues Affect Everyone: In any given year, one in five Canadians experiences a mental health or addiction problem. Nearly 4,000 Canadians die by suicide each year–an average of 11 suicides a day. For each death by suicide there are as many as 100 suicide attempts(1).
- Mental Health & Stigma: 42% of Canadians are unsure whether they would socialize with a friend who has a mental illness(1).
- Mental Health Issues Cost Canadians: 9,344 hospitalizations in Ontario alone are due to suicide attempts with an average length of stay of 6.7 days. Average cost per suicide is $849,878.00(2).
- Research Is Key To Recovey: Better treatment, services and cures that lead to recovery can only be found through research(3).
1. Centre for Addiction and Mental Health – 2.Waterloo Region Suicide Prevention Council – 3.Healthy Minds Canada
About donating Bitcoin
All Bitcoin transactions are securely processed through VirtEx; Canada’s first and longest running Bitcoin exchange.