Silver Dinner 2015
Our 10th Anniversary Silver Dinner was
Thanks to all our sponsors, guest and volunteer’s for making this year’s dinner another success
Have a look at our new video
Immediately following the dinner, our guest speaker, Moe Elewonibi, was on Radio 680am for an interview with host Andrew Lawton – click here to listen!
Why Mental Health Research and Education Matter
- Mental Health Issues Affect Everyone: In any given year, one in five Canadians experiences a mental health or addiction problem. Nearly 4,000 Canadians die by suicide each year–an average of 11 suicides a day. For each death by suicide there are as many as 100 suicide attempts (1).
- Mental Health & Stigma: 42% of Canadians are unsure whether they would socialize with a friend who has a mental illness (1).
- Addiction: Addiction costs us all: According to the Canadian Center on Substance Abuse, alcohol and other drug addictions cost Canada over $40 billion per year.
- Research Is Key To Recovey: Better treatment, services and cures that lead to recovery can only be found through research (3).
1. Centre for Addiction and Mental Health – 2.Waterloo Region Suicide Prevention Council – 3.Healthy Minds Canada