To promote a society that values mental health and supports recovery of persons living with mental health issues.
To improve the well-being of all Canadians by supporting research on mental health and mental health issues.
- To raise and distribute funds for mental health research in the areas of biomedical, clinical science, health systems and services, and social, cultural, environmental and other aspects that affect mental health
- To enhance the profile and need for mental health research
- To increase funding available for mental health research
- To transfer knowledge to support the application of the outcomes of mental health research
- To regularly assess the value and impact of mental health research.
- Mental health is integral to overall well-being
- The hope of recovery from mental health issues is available to all
- Stigma should not be tolerated and people living with mental health issues should be treated with dignity and fairness
- Research on mental health and mental health issues is essential to improve the lives of all persons including those already living with mental health issues
- Collaboration, inclusiveness, and communication with stakeholders is essential for the success of HMC