To promote a society that values mental health and supports recovery of persons living with mental health issues.
To improve the well-being of all Canadians by supporting research on mental health and mental health issues.
- To raise and distribute funds for research into mental health and addictions in the areas of biomedical, clinical science, health systems and services, and social, cultural, environmental and any other aspects that affect mental health.
- To enhance the profile and need for mental health and addictions research.
- To transfer knowledge to support the application of the outcomes of mental health and addictions research.
- To regularly assess the value and impact of mental health and addictions research.
- Mental health is integral to overall well-being
- The hope of recovery from mental health issues is available to all
- Stigma should not be tolerated and people living with mental health issues should be treated with dignity and fairness
- Research on mental health and mental health issues is essential to improve the lives of all persons including those already living with mental health issues
- Collaboration, inclusiveness, and communication with stakeholders is essential for the success of HMC