To support the journey to a healthy mind.
To empower Canadians to take charge of their mental health by helping them identify issues early and navigating them to resources to achieve healthy outcomes faster.
- To develop approaches to support the early identification of mental health issues
- To connect those in need to the most effective support available and help them understand and evaluate treatment options
- To identify and build the most effective methods of reaching and interacting with Canadians regarding their mental health
- To ensure that the impact of all programs and outcomes delivered are evaluated and steps are taken to continuously improve the services offered
- To develop a long-term, sustainable financial plan
- To develop the capabilities (people, processes, technology) to deliver HMC’s objectives and effectively scale to serve all Canadians touched by mental health issues
- To own a differentiated product or service to ensure HMC’s offerings stand out and add value in a crowded marketplace
- Mental health is integral to overall well-being
- The hope of recovery from mental health issues is available to all
- Stigma should not be tolerated and people living with mental health issues should be treated with dignity and fairness
- Research on mental health and mental health issues is essential to improve the lives of all persons including those already living with mental health issues
- Collaboration, inclusiveness, and communication with stakeholders is essential for the success of HMC